Headaches are a prevalent concern, impacting almost half of the population. Our St. George chiropractors regularly treat such cases, with tension headaches being the most common type. These headaches typically arise from factors like prolonged posture, jaw clenching, tight neck and shoulder muscles, or weak deep neck flexor muscles.
At Crux, we empower you with effective tools to improve your posture and alleviate headaches. Our comprehensive approach includes stretching, strengthening exercises, and muscle release techniques tailored to your needs.
Our St. George chiropractors address various types of headaches. Here are some of the common headaches we successfully treat
Accounting for about 15-25% of headaches, cervicogenic headaches commonly affect individuals between 40 and 50 years old, with a higher incidence among women. These headaches often result from trauma, such as motor vehicle accidents or concussions. Symptoms include neck tenderness, stiffness, and unilateral (sometimes bilateral) deep, non-throbbing pain that can last for hours to days. Certain neck positions may trigger these headaches.
How do we treat cervicogenic headaches?
Most cases of cervicogenic headaches involve tightness in the muscles of the back of the neck and shoulders, along with weakness in the front neck muscles. Our treatment focuses on releasing tight muscles and strengthening weak muscles to enhance neck function and alleviate symptoms.
Over 30 million Americans experience at least one migraine headache each year, with women being three times more likely to be affected than men. Migraines are often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound, throbbing sensations in the head, and eye pain.
How do we treat migraine headaches?
Migraines are typically associated with tension and strain in the neck. Our approach involves targeted stretching to relieve tension and discomfort in the affected areas, as well as identifying and addressing headache triggers to help reduce the frequency and severity of migraines.
At Crux, our goal is to provide personalized care and effective solutions to help you manage and alleviate your headaches, allowing you to enjoy a better quality of life.
Signs & Symptoms of Headaches
– Neck tenderness and stiffness
– Unilateral (sometimes bilateral) pain
– Deep, non-throbbing pain that can last for hours to days
– Pain triggered by certain neck positions
– Common in individuals aged 40-50, more prevalent in women
– Often associated with a history of trauma such as motor vehicle accidents or concussions
– Throbbing or pulsating head pain
– Nausea and vomiting
– Sensitivity to light and sound
– Eye pain or pressure
– Women are three times more likely to experience migraines
– Typically last from a few hours to several days
– Cervicogenic headaches are primarily localized to the neck area, while migraines typically involve pain throughout the head.
– Cervicogenic headaches are often triggered by certain neck positions, whereas migraines may have various triggers such as stress, certain foods, or hormonal changes.
– Cervicogenic headaches are commonly associated with neck tenderness and stiffness, while migraines are characterized by throbbing head pain, nausea, and sensitivity to light and sound.
– Cervicogenic headaches are more prevalent in individuals aged 40-50, with a higher incidence in women, whereas migraines are more common in women overall.
It’s important to note that these are general characteristics, and each individual’s experience may vary. Consulting with a healthcare professional is recommended for an accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment.
Your Visit With us
At Crux Sport & Spine, your journey to pain relief and improved well-being begins with our comprehensive approach. We prioritize your health by conducting a thorough movement-based assessment during each visit, enabling us to identify any crucial factors contributing to your pain. Combining targeted muscle release techniques with chiropractic adjustments, we work to release tension in your muscles, facilitating improved movement and an overall sense of well-being.
But our care doesn’t end there. After your adjustment, we take you to our dedicated rehab area, where we empower you with the tools to extend the benefits of your session beyond our clinic. Through personalized stretches and exercises tailored to your specific needs and goals, we equip you with the knowledge and techniques to continue your progress at home.
Experience the exceptional chiropractic care and expertise at Crux Sport & Spine. Take the first step towards a pain-free and healthier life by visiting us today!